Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Best Time Of Day

Beautiful sunsets aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. It's a sunRISE that's worth seeing and talking about. The beginning of the day. Fresh start. Look what's coming. I had to get out of bed to see this. Here are a few of my favorites in the last couple of years. Most of them required me to get off my butt, put on a pair of hiking boots (and snowshoes in one case), strap on a headlamp and GET SOMEWHERE before the light of day. Hmm. Time to stop talking and do it again.

Timberline Trail at Cooper Spur

Saddle Mountain, Oregon Coast Range - St. Helens and Adams in the background.

Silcox Hut above Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood

Camp Lake in Three Sisters Wilderness - I actually took this one from my sleeping bag on a trek with "the boys."

(Notice the time of day this is being posted? Probably partially explains why I like to see the sunrise. In fact, I think I'll get another cup of coffee and go enjoy today's from the patio.)

2 Comments:

At 7/6/06 18:27, Blogger eets said...

you just bit me with the outdoor bug. Gotta get out soon! I agree, sunrises are more rewarding than sunsets. The crispness, the invigorating chill, the warm drink. Good times.

 
At 8/6/06 12:23, Blogger Peaby said...

For another view of the first sunrise, check Appendix A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home