Saturday, April 01, 2006

Look to the Future


It’s worth the 4 minutes. Here’s a video documentary short (Googlezon?) that traces the impact of technology on our lives from 1985-2006, then extrapolates to make predictions through 2015. A little 1984ish and Brave New World, but thought-provoking, and well-done.

Check it out. Basically, softly predicts Google, Amazon and MSN leaving their mark on absolutely everything we need and do, with unparalleled information about individuals and monopoly on the kind of communication and consumerism that we seem to enjoy. Makes me ask myself the question, “Who will I be?”

What values and worldview will determine my priorities as technology continues to revolutionize the world? While I’m having fun with the new toys and communication tools and convenience will I stop to THINK about the values and worldview driving all of my purchases and job decisions. Beyond the books I read, vacations, car repairs, deciding what’s for dinner; in the heart (or heat) of pain and tears and fresh air and life and joy am I stopping to think what every one of my choices says about my true self and beliefs? Proverbial frog in boiling water?

I’m reminded to determine NOW who I choose to be, so I won’t need to make that decision every time a new trick or treat shows up on the radar screen.

“Whatever you do, in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.”
Colossians 3:17

“In Him we live and move and have our being.”
Acts 17:28

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home