Thursday, January 12, 2006

Turnips

"You can't squeeze blood from a turnip."
Depth and Dimension. It's tough to write from what ain't there.
I think this is one of the reasons I started this blog; some personal, spiritual accountability.
Avoidance is uncomfortable.

Something from Charles Colson's Who Speaks for God? seems to be relevant.
"Being a Christian in the West seems to mean joining the power structure, but in much of the rest of the world it means standing against it, risking everything. Our Third-World brethren in particular understand the hard truth that the structures of this world are fallen - and the gospel, therefore, is counterculture."

Maybe if it wasn't so acceptable to be a Christian I might not be so casual about devotion. Still no excuse.

Turn my attention, Lord. Help me choose to walk more closely with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home