Friday, October 21, 2005

Recent Praying

P.T. Forsyth
The Soul of Prayer
"A faith which is based chiefly on impetration might become more of a faith in prayer than a faith in God. If we got all we asked for we should soon come to treat Him as a convenience, or the request as a magic. The reason of much bewilderment about prayer is that we are less occupied about faith in God than about faith in prayer. "

Jesus
John 16:23-24
I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete

What am I doing when I pray for ... for anything? I think it's more about fellowship with God than anything else, but I deeply believe He hears, listens and answers our prayers. What do I do with the fact that many things we pray for we are not granted? I don't know, Lord, but here I come. "Prayer changes things." NOT. May my faith be in YOU, Lord, not in prayer, and let me not use any uncertainty as an excuse to ask for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home